Breaking News

Anton Du Beke reveals he ‘hasn’t been told’ if he will return to Strictly

Anton Du Beke has spoken about his hopes to return as a judge on Strictly Come Dancing – but is still waiting for news on whether he will be welcomed back to the BBC show this year.

The 55-year-old has been a part of Strictly since it first began in 2004 as one of the show’s professional dancers, being partnered with the likes of Ann Widdecombe, Judy Murray and Emma Barton.

Last year saw Anton take on a judging role in place of Bruno Tonioli, who was unable to take his usual place on the panel due to Covid travel restrictions.

The father-of-two said in a recent interview that he doesn’t yet know if he will be returning as a judge this year, saying that any reports about his comeback are “just a rumour”, The Mirror reports .

“I’m hoping to get a call to say, ‘Look, here you go, come back judging please’. But we’ll wait and see. I’d like to think I’d be on the show in one way or another,” Anton told Sussex Life Magazine:

He added: “I wouldn’t like to think they’d just get rid of me altogether. That would be a bit dramatic to go from dancer to judge to off the show. The truth is I haven’t been told.”

Despite never having lifted the Glitterball Trophy throughout his 18 years on the show, Anton said that he wouldn’t hesitate to make his comeback on the dancefloor.

Top showbiz news

Asked if he would be open to returning Strictly as a dancer, he said: “Yes. I love the show. I’ve been doing it since the beginning and I’m very proud of that. I do it because I love it.”

The latest series which began in September last year saw Anton appear on the panel alongside regular judges Shirley Ballas, Craig Revel Horwood, and Motsi Mabuse.

It’s been suggested in recent months that both Anton and Bruno could return to the judging panel this year, which would mean having five judges on the BBC show.

Get the latest celebrity gossip and telly news sent straight to your inbox. Sign up to our weekly Showbiz newsletterhere.



Anton Du Beke reveals he ‘hasn’t been told’ if he will return to Strictly
Balita Ngayon Philippines

No comments