Breaking News

Kerry Katona reveals she was once so poor she ‘sold her parrot to buy tampons’

Former Atomic Kitten star Kerry Katona has opened up about her life before fame and being so poor she had to sell her pet parrot to afford sanitary products.

Kerry reminisced on hard times during her youth as she once spent Christmas with her mum in a house with no decorations or food, as the pair had just been rehomed from a refuge.

She told The Times : “When I was 17 we sold my parrot, Alfie, for £20 so I could buy some Tampax.

“I had this gig paying me £50 to dance in a nightclub and I got my period, so I needed sanitary towels, but we didn’t have the money.

“That was the last we heard of Alfie!”

Kerry has famously had money issues in the past, as she lost her £1.6million house when she declared bankruptcy in 2008 and in 2013.

However, the star has moved on from that now as she revealed she became a millionaire again after starting OnlyFans at the beginning of the pandemic.

She told The Times: “I’ve made a million just from OnlyFans [a content subscription service] and I wouldn’t have been affected by the rules banning sexually explicit content because I don’t do sex.

“I do topless pictures, nothing more raunchy than what I’ve done for magazines, and as long as my nipples don’t drop, I’ll carry on doing it!”



Kerry Katona shares she was once so poor she 'sold her parrot to buy tampons'
Kerry Katona advertises her OnlyFans with raunchy snap

Kerry is keen to destigmatize sex work, especially surrounding online platforms like OnlyFans which have surged in popularity over the last few years.

On the Carly in Convo on Daily Star’s Facebook page, Kerry said: “I was watching Love Actually because it’s a Christmas film. I’m watching Martin Freeman and Joanna Page, and she’s laying naked, she’s got her boobs out. She doesn’t get slagged off for it, why is that? Who says in society what’s right or wrong?

“She’s simulating sex and we’re all laughing and finding it funny. She’s got her boobs out for work and that’s what I’m doing. I’m not even simulating sex.”

Kerry continued: “They win awards and it’s called art. If I was on the cover of Vogue magazine in a mesh see-through top with itty bitty teeny boobies that would be classed as art and fashion. Society puts you in a certain place of who can do this and who can do that.”

Top news stories today

Get the latest celebrity gossip and telly news sent straight to your inbox. Sign up to our weekly Showbiz newsletter here .



Kerry Katona reveals she was once so poor she ‘sold her parrot to buy tampons’
Balita Ngayon Philippines

No comments