Breaking News

This Morning’s Phillip Schofield says he has quit ‘vile and disgusting’ Twitter

Phillip Schofield announced on This Morning that he has quit Twitter, saying “I want no part of it in my life”.

The presenter made the admission to co-host Holly Willoughby on the ITV morning show during a discussion following Elon Musk’s recent takeover of the social media platform.

Phillip revealed that he had deleted the app from his phone as the hosts discussed Twitter during a segment with guests Matthew Wright and Vanessa Feltz, reports Manchester Evening News.

Discussion arose about the possibility of Twitter users having to verify their identity to use the site, meaning that anonymous accounts could become a thing of the past.

Phillip, 60, said: “There’s the side of the argument where, if you’re gonna say something, make sure you can back it up with your own name. If that isn’t the case, then it could become even more of a cesspit than it already is. I’ve deleted it off my phone. And I’ll quite openly say that…

“Because there is a section that is wonderful and magnificent and funny and informative…. And there is a section that is vile and disgusting and I want no part of it in my life.”

Vanessa agreed with the host, saying that she had “never been anywhere near” Twitter.

“I’ve never even looked at it, and the reason why is that I just don’t think I have a strong enough constitution,” she explained.

“I would detest it, quite frankly. I’d be scared and I’d be horrified… I don’t want to get embroiled in it at all.”

The discussion came in the wake of news on Monday that Tesla CEO Elon Musk, who is also the wealthiest person in the world, reached an agreement to buy Twitter for approximately 44 billion dollars (£34.5 billion).

Top showbiz news

The business magnate claimed that he wanted to privatise the social media platform to promote free speech, promising to “make Twitter better than ever” and “defeat the spam bots”.

But the takeover has been met with criticism from many Twitter users, with a wave of people vowing to quit the platform after the news was revealed – including The Good Place star Jameela Jamil .

Although Schofield says he will no longer be using Twitter, his account is still currently live on the site with more than four million followers.

Get the latest celebrity gossip and telly news sent straight to your inbox. Sign up to our weekly Showbiz newsletterhere.



This Morning’s Phillip Schofield says he has quit ‘vile and disgusting’ Twitter
Balita Ngayon Philippines

No comments